You are here
SPE/IOGCC Webinar Series 2021
The Interstate Oil and Gas Compact Commission (IOGCC) Energy Resources, Research and Technology (ERRT) Committee is partnering with the Society of Petroleum Engineers (SPE) to produce a four-part webinar series.
This webinar series will be geared towards the regulatory community. Each webinar will address one of this year's technical topics from ERRT's 2021 Knowledge-Sharing Portal. Collectively, regulators identified four main topics as their 2021 key emerging issues of concern.
**All four webinars will be free to IOGCC-member regulators thanks to the sponsorship of EDF and IOGCC. Please contact Kaitlyn Smith at [email protected] to receive your complimentary registration code.
New Technologies for Flaring Elimination and Methane Emissions Measurement
September 8, 2021 from 11:00am - 12:30pm (CT)
This webinar will discuss the current state of two key technologies for oilfield methane management—flaring elimination and remote sensing. The regulatory and business implications of these technology developments will be discussed from both the operator and regulator perspectives.
- New flaring reduction technologies that are more efficient and cost-effective—such as incineration, gas injection, and on-site power generation—promise dramatic reductions in waste gas emissions from oil and gas production.
- How can operators and regulators facilitate and encourage the adoption of improved or new technologies?
- Could collaborative efforts reduce the unit costs and accelerate adoption?
- How should we manage the rollout of such technologies?
- Remote monitoring and measurement of methane emissions via satellite, aerial, and site-based equipment promise improved leak detection, real-time emissions monitoring, and more accurate quantification of methane emissions.
- What are the current technological limitations?
- How can these new technologies be deployed for more effective, accurate reporting? How will these new tools fit with—or replace—current standards for testing/monitoring?
Audrey Mascarenhas, President and CEO, Questor Technology Inc.
Daniel Palmer, Technology Deployment Lead, OGCI Climate Investments
Adam Peltz (Moderator), Senior Attorney, Environmental Defense Fund (EDF)
Tony Zamora (Moderator), O&G Advisor
**This webinar will be free for IOGCC member regulators. Please contact Kaitlyn Smith at [email protected] to receive your complimentary registration code.
Time TBD (August-September 2021)