The Domestic Resource
The IOGCC will continue to foster wise stewardship of domestic oil and natural gas resources to benefit present and future generations.
- Promote awareness of the extent of domestic oil and gas resources.
- Promote the development of technologies that maximize efficient resource recovery.
- Foster an understanding of the contribution to national security and energy independence.
- Continue to work with Congress and the Administration to enhance states’ role in the development of policies impacting oil and natural gas.
- Expand IOGCC status as an authoritative resource on oil and gas issues.
- Identify barriers to domestic production and appropriately address them.
- Promote the positive impact of domestic resources on economic development.
Maximize recovery and promote energy efficient production of oil and natural gas.
- Encourage states to strengthen programs on conservation.
- Foster research to support the goal.
- Educate federal and state policy makers and the general public regarding efficient production.
Assist states in protecting the environment while supporting responsible production.
- Assist states to identify, evaluate and promote technologies.
- Assist states to identify, evaluate and promote processes for continuous improvement of programs and services that protect the environment.
- Coordinate nationwide effort to mitigate environmental risks.
- Advocate for states’ rights relative to environmental issues.
Prepare the states to respond to future opportunities and challenges.
- Showcase opportunities inherent in new technologies.
- Provide leadership to states addressing emerging conservation and environmental issues.